Microsoft Copilot joined Microsoft 365 as an implementation of a chat-based AI assistant in Office 365 apps.
The new era of document creation in Microsoft Word with AI-based Copilot started.
Learn how to use Copilot in Microsoft Word and improve your productivity.
What are the benefits of using Copilot in Microsoft Word?
Microsoft 365 Copilot in Microsoft Word is a game-changer for anyone seeking to boost their productivity and create high-quality documents efficiently. By harnessing the power of this intelligent assistant, you can transform your writing and editing experience. Embrace the future of document creation with Microsoft 365 Copilot – your indispensable ally in the quest for enhanced efficiency and excellence.
By automating repetitive tasks and providing real-time assistance, Microsoft 365 Copilot helps you complete your documents faster, allowing you to focus on more critical aspects of your work.
With its intelligent suggestions, Copilot ensures consistency and clarity in your writing, making collaboration smoother and more effective. It’s like having a virtual co-author that enhances the overall quality of your documents.
Copilot’s grammar and style assistance contribute to the overall quality of your documents, enhancing your professional image. It helps you produce error-free, well-structured content with ease.
Copilot in Word can bring many benefits to your writing process, such as:
- Saving you time and effort by generating high-quality content for you in seconds.
- Providing you with inspiration and guidance by suggesting different ways to express your ideas and information.
- Enhancing your creativity and productivity by helping you overcome writer’s block and focus on your main goals.
- Improving your writing skills by showing you how to write more effectively and clearly.
Copilot will be a service included as a part of other Office applications like Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.
How to use Copilot in Microsoft Word?
When Microsoft 365 Copilot license is enabled, COpilot becomes an integrated part of Microsoft Word.
Once you have enabled Copilot in Word, you can access it in two ways:
- Clicking the Copilot icon in the ribbon’s Home tab, which will open the Copilot pane on the right side of your document.
- Select the Copilot icon in the left margin next to your text, which will open a menu with different options.
Copilot in Word has three main modes: Draft, Transform and Copilot Chat.
Draft with Copilot
You can improve document creation and draft a new document with Copilot. Microsoft 365 Copilot in Word helps you create new content from scratch or based on your existing content.
You can use it in the following scenarios:
- When you have a blank document or a new line in your document, you can use the Draft with Copilot experience to provide a description of what you want Copilot to write for you. For example, you can type “Create a Marketing Plan” or “Create a paragraph about team management”.
Copilot will generate and display new content accordingly. You can keep it, discard it, or direct Copilot to regenerate to provide a different version.
Transform with Copilot
You have the possibility to transform document parts with Copilot. Microsoft 365 Copilot in Word helps you rewrite or edit your existing content to improve document quality.
You have two options available when you want to change the paragraph.
- The rewrite option offers you rewritten options to choose from. You can also adjust Copilot’s response by selecting the Adjust tone button or Regenerate to receive a new set of responses.
- When you want to transform some text in your document into a table. Copilot will create a table based on your text and insert it into your document.
Copilot Chat in Word
You can use Copilot Chat functionality as a part of Microsoft Word. Copilot in right-side navigation allows you to transform or analyze opened document.
You have multiple available options that allow to improve the document using Microsoft 365 Copilot in Word.
- Transforming the content of the existing document.
- Summarize the content of the document in a short condensed format.
- Ask questions about the content of the document
- Analyze the content of the document
Useful Copilot prompts for Microsoft Word
List of valuable Microsoft 365 Copilot prompts you can use in Microsoft Word:
- Write an intro paragraph for this document and make it sound professional/formal
- Summarize this document in 5 bullet points
- Add a paragraph that captures the main idea of this document
- Create a high-level overview of code development in waterfall approach
- Draft a marketing plan outline for XYZ company
- Explain this document in one sentence
- Give me ideas for team-building activities for a new department
- Give me specific examples from this document on how I can improve it for a C-level review
- Summarize this document into a list of benefits for Sales process improvement.
- How do I add a table of contents?
- What argument does this document make?
- How I can improve document formatting of this document?
- Who are key managers involved in the Sales Approval process?
- Write a 1-page cover letter.
- Tell me more about Sales Approval Process mentioned in this document.
- Suggest how I can improve this document for Executive Review.
- Write an Executive Summary presenting key values presented in this document.
- Explain the main point of this document.
Great! You learned how to use Copilot in Microsoft Word. Now is the time to learn more about Generative AI. Learn how to prepare for Copilot, Copilot costs and Microsoft Copilot / Bing Chat Enterprise.
Do you want more?
Learn how to use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Microsoft Word. Use AI Assistant to improve your productivity in Word and analyze and create documents faster.