Price increase of Microsoft 365 plans
Microsoft announced the prices increase of Microsoft 365 plans.
Since 1 March 2022, Microsoft 365 subscriptions prices will increase 5-20%.
- How to get Microsoft Office 365 for FREE
- Create test tenant for Microsoft Office 365
- What is included in Office 365 subscription
- Compare Office 365 & Microsoft 365 plans, pricing and features
- How to buy Office 365 online subscription
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Business
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise
- Podcast Episode 6 – What is the difference between Microsoft 365 Business and Office 365 E plans?
- Price increase of Microsoft 365 plans
Microsoft announced that on 1 March 20220 prices of Microsoft 365 plans will be increased. New pricing of Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscriptions is something that will be presented sooner or later. Costs of Office 365 licenses going up for the first time in the last few years.
Microsoft in the announcement shared the update about Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscription costs will go up in 2022 year. You will need to plan to update your Microsoft licenses cost budget for 2022 year.
I prepared for you the summary of the changes, calculator of the costs, and recommendations on how to optimize your licensing to save money.
When does the new pricing of Microsoft 365 subscriptions start?
New pricing for the Microsoft 365 and Office 365 plans will be implemented on 1 March 2022. There are no many details about the change yet, but you can assume the scenario that all prices for new and existing customers will be updated.
New pricing of Microsoft 365 plans
New prices of Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscriptions for 2022 year. Changes in the Microsoft 365 plans prices:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic change from $5 to $6 per user
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium change from $20 to $22
- Office 365 E1 change from $8 to $10
- Office 365 E3 change from $20 to $23
- Office 365 E5 change from $35 to $38
- Microsoft 365 E3 change from $32 to $36
|MICROSOFT 365||OFFICE 365||MICROSOFT 365|
|Business Basic||Business Premium||E1||E3||E5||E3|
|Annual commitment - price per user per month||$ 5.00||$ 20.00||$ 8.00||$ 20.00||$ 35.00||$ 32.00|
|NEW PRICE||$ 6.00||$ 22.00||$ 10.00||$ 23.00||$ 38.00||$ 36.00|
What is important announced change is a very general level of information that focuses on the annual commitment for Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscriptions. What about the pricing of the rest of the available subscriptions or other models of commitments? Today there's no confirmed information about it. The article will be updated based on new announcements.
Calculator of the new Microsoft 365 pricing costs
If you are planning the budget for the Microsoft 365 licensing probably you will need to recalculate your planned costs for 2020. To make it easier I prepared a simple calculator in an Excel file which will help you to do that. You can download the calculator below.
How to generate saving on Microsoft 365 costs?
New Microsoft 365 pricing is a challenge for your 2022 budget? For the subscribers of the blog newsletter, I prepared 4 tips to save $ 2250+ monthly.
Microsoft 365 plans prices going up. Learn how Office 365 costs will increase and prepare your budget for the 2022 year for Microsoft licenses.
- Admin (9)
- Blog (1)
- Exchange Online (5)
- Forms (2)
- Guest articles (1)
- Interviews (2)
- Licensing (17)
- Microsoft Bookings (1)
- Microsoft Lists (8)
- Microsoft Outlook (5)
- Microsoft Teams (29)
- Microsoft Viva (2)
- Office 365 (19)
- OneDrive (7)
- Planner (3)
- Podcasts (6)
- Power Apps (2)
- Power Automate (12)
- Power BI (1)
- Power Virtual Agents (2)
- Roadmap (9)
- Security & Compliance (2)
- SharePoint Online (56)
- Stream (1)
- To Do (1)
- Videos (22)
- Windows 365 (1)
- Yammer (6)