Working with the SharePoint list in Office 365 requires understanding SharePoint list limitations.
Plan your SharePoint lists to fit into SharePoint Online list limits.
SharePoint Online in Office 365 can be a great solution to store records in the SharePoint list. At the same time, SharePoint lists have limits, and knowing them is required to do not create broken applications. Get to know SharePoint list limtis.
Learn about the SharePoint Online list limits in Office 365.
Sign up for the free online course that will help you and your organization prepare for the new Generative AI era..
What is the SharePoint list limit in Office 365?
SharePoint list limitations you should know when you are working in Office 365:
- 30 000 000 – maximum number of list items – realistically you should limit the number of list items below 200 000 items to guarantee high performance
- 5 000 – list view threshold
- 12 columns – maximum number of list columns in the view of the specific type: people, lookup, and managed metadata
- 3 000 items+ – number of items with unique permissions that could impact the performance
- 250 MB – maximum size of the list attachment
Remember about the SharePoint list limits in Office 365.
Other SharePoint limitations you should know
SharePoint Online has other limits you should understand:
Get to know the SharePoint list limits in Office 365 and prepare yourself to use modern apps using the SharePoint list.